The buildings and grounds of Bishop Elementary School hold many memories and unique architectural features, such as an auditorium, fireplaces and chimneys, a walk-in safe and a beautiful caterpillar shaped hedge. Our wonderful campus has served the community for over 65 years, and we are greatly appreciative for the land donated to our school district by the Bishop family all those years ago.
After serving thousands of students, Bishop Elementary is scheduled to be modernized. The Sunnyvale School District Board of Education has approved a plan that will provide Bishop students with the following:
- 27 new classrooms for 1st through 5th grades
- 6 TK/Kindergarten classrooms with a large fenced-in play area
- A new cafeteria and kitchen for serving breakfast, lunch and after school dinners to our hungry Bobcats
- A new and larger library in the renovated building of the existing cafeteria
- A computer lab with furniture that will facilitate collaboration
- A renovated front office
- Decorative fencing at the front of campus that will secure the campus during school hours
- Two drop off and pick up zones for parents
- 6 new classrooms for our on-site Child Development Center
- A beautiful new enclosed garden and playground for the entire school to enjoy
- And the auditorium? We will be keeping this unique feature for many more years of enjoyment.