Welcome to Mrs. Kazos's 4/5 Combination Class Room 217
Fourth and Fifth Grade Combination Class Information:
This will be an exciting year of learning and growth. I'm looking forward to working your child as we explore fifth grade curriculum.
Our Classroom Mission Statement:
As scholars of Room 217, we commit to treat all people with kindness and fairness. We also commit to decreasing our “side conversations” in order to focus on our learning. We commit to approaching our learning, in and outside of the classroom, with a fun and positive attitude. We will always walk with purpose to our destination. We will be honest about our “Ta-Das” and learn from our “Ta-Das”. We will always follow the 7 Habits throughout our campus, especially when no one is watching. We hope to be respectful and responsible role models to all that are leaders who leave a good impression. We want to be better than yesterday. Finally, through practice, we will achieve our goals.
There will be a minimum amont of daily homework. My main goal for homework is that your child is reading at least 30 minutes each evening. Additionally, I assign math homework nightly. Math homework is collectly daily.
Students are expected to come to school ready to learn.
- Our goal is that we try everyday to be our best and to not give up.
- We think of ourselves as proactive scholars who think with the end in mind in order to accomplish our tasks.
- We ask questions. We help each other. We are rewarded for positive behavior with daily with “Leader in Me” bling.
- We are respectful and responsible leaders.
Classroom to Home Communication:
- Weekly emails providing an overview of weekly learning.
- Flyers (as necessary).
- Class Dojo (closed site for classroom families ONLY).
The best way to reach me is through email at email@example.com. I will respond usually within 4 hours. I can also be reached most days before and after school -- come on by!