Registration and Enrollment
Thank you for choosing Sunnyvale School District for your child! We are delighted to serve your family. Please see important information below regarding registration procedures and deadlines. If you have any questions, contact us.
The Sunnyvale School district utilizes the services of a company called "infosnap" to host this green, online method of collecting registration information which securely gathers and prepares your important information.
The forms are customized to each student and through a single centralized online process parents are able to:
- Review and update essential student information on file
- Provide crucial emergency information
- Indicate vital medical information
- Read and agree to important notifications
- Sign up for special school services
- View and print key school information
- Save and come back, as well as share family information between siblings!
New Student Registration
There are 4 steps that need to be followed to register a new student at your local school:
- Identify your neighborhood school and check out the district's Programs of Choice.
- Use the School Finder to find your school of residency
- Check out the district's Programs of Choice .
- Prepare your documentation. Read the registration requirements on this page carefully. ALL elements must be complete and verified before registration can begin.
- Verify your Documentation. Once you have collected all of your registration documentation take it to your school of residency to be reviewed and approved.
- Schools accept registration information between 10 a.m. and 2:00 pm Monday through Thursday during the school year. There is no registration on Friday's. Summer registration occurs at the District Office: Monday through Thursday - 8:00 am to 11:00 am & 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Affidavits are accepted at the District Office on Fridays only.
- Complete your Registration Online. Once your documentation has been accepted you will be given a Snapcode document. This will include instructions for starting and completing your online registration.
- Please note that your child is not registered until all pages of the online registration are complete and submitted.
- If you wish to apply for a Program of Choice at a school other than your school of residence (or Columbia Middle School's University Partners Program), go through the Open Enrollment process after completing your registration.
We hope this helps ease the completing and submission of a multitude of separate forms for you - we know it will greatly assist us managing and processing the information.
Please be on the look out for instructions sent out the first week of school, and again in January, inviting you to utilize online registration. Your prompt response is imperative to ensure a timely and efficient registration for you, your child, and the district.
We appreciate your assistance streamlining registration, minimizing costs, and helping our valuable personnel realize important time savings. Please help your school stay green by completing your enrollment online this year!
Click on the appropriate link below to access our online registration system. The Online Registration Link is for registering for the current year as well as completing the yearly data updates.
The Pre-Register Online link is for registering for the upcoming school year and only available during the winter and spring sessions. You will not be able to continue until you have completed the requirements for registration on the right hand side of this page.
NOTE: Preschool registration begins May 1st . For more information click here.
New student registration for the upcoming school year begins on the first school day in February at your local school. While registration can occur at any time for new students, as well as returning students, it is important to note the following:
- It is very important to complete the registration process as soon as possible. Many of our schools are impacted with high enrollment. Early registration helps decrease the possibility of being overloaded to another school.
- The Open Enrollment request window is the first 10 school days of February.
- Please use the School Finder Tool to determine your home school.
- Read the following carefully and contact your school of residence for any further questions about February registration.
In order for your child to be enrolled, and attend classes in the Sunnyvale School District you will need to provide information that allows us to register your child at their school. Before the registration process can begin you need to provide the following information:
- An Active eMail Address
- This needs to be an email account that you can access regularly.
- Proof of Age and Residency (See the Registration Requirements PDF below)
- This information documents your child's age and determines your "home school".
- ALL proof of age and residency requirements must be provided before you can begin the registration process.
- Proof of Immunization
- All required immunizations must be complete and up to date See your personal doctor or health care professional for the appropriate documents BEFORE attempting to register your child.
- ALL proof of immunization requirements must be provided before you can begin the registration process.
- Prior to school enrollment children will be required to have their healthcare provider complete the Santa Clara County Public Health Department TB Risk Assessment for School Entry form which is attached below. Take this form to your provider to complete and return to your child's school.
Many of the documents, especially the immunization and birth records, take time to procure. Please do not wait to collect your documentation. Being prepared eases the registration process and helps to ensure enrollment in your neighborhood school. Walk into your school with these steps completed and documented appropriately for a smooth and easy registration process.