To enroll a child, please be prepared to bring:
- 2 pay stubs or income tax returns (W-2) to verify income eligibility (see below)
- Birth certificate or passport to verify age appropriateness
- Current immunizations - yellow card
- Proof of residency
- Physicians report with TB risk or test signed off by a doctor
Any fees for the California State Preschool Program are determined at the time of certification.
No child may attend the program before such an appointment is made, an entrance interview has been held and the registration process has been completed.
State Preschool hours of operation are
Monday - Friday, 8:15 am - 11:15 am or 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm (5 days/week; 3 hrs/day)
Proof of income requirements
1. Provide one month of income (ex. 2 pay stubs) for each working parent who is responsible for the welfare needs of the family.
2. Current tax income form.3. Unemployment, social security or disability benefits: please provide recent notice of checks or stubs.
4. If parents can't provide proof of income (ex. gets paid cash, is unemployed, etc.) you must fill out a “self-certification of income” form.