CMS Weekly Update
Dates: Jan. 21-25
From: Ms. Allmann
CMS/UPP Info Night @ 6pm
Run, Hide, Defend Drill (3rd pd)
- Jan. 26 – FHS Residency Verification (8am – 2pm)
- Jan 28 – NO SCHOOL (Staff Development Day)
- Feb. 5 -- AVID @ FHS
- Feb. 7 – FHS Counselor Visits in Social Studies
- Feb. 8 – FHS AVID Lunch Mtg
- WEB Winter Dance 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Feb. 13 – Pops Concert (Symph/Orch)
- Feb. 18-22 – NO SCHOOL
- Feb. 26 – FHS Electives Night - 6:30pm (@ FHS)
- Feb. 27 – ELAC/PTSA @ 6pm/6:30pm
Run, Hide, Defend Drill – Thursday, Jan. 24th
We will be conducting our annual “Run, Hide, Defend” Drill on Thursday, January 24th. Students and teachers will practice locking doors, turning the lights off, shutting blinds, and hiding in a quiet manner. They will not be building barricades in order to prevent injury. Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety will be on site to help conduct the drill, so if you see a lot of police cars at the school on Thursday, do not be alarmed!
CMS Paint Makeover! -- Vote for your favorite color palettes!
CMS is getting a mini-makeover during the summer, including new paint and a landscape refresh. We have three color palette options for the exterior paint, and we’d love your input! Click on renderings of the three color palette choices (with different options within each palette). Then, click on the ballot to vote for your favorite color palette! We are able to make changes within each palette, so your comments are appreciated as well (i.e. – “I like Palette #1, but I wish the grey was darker..”)
Vote here: CMS Color Palette Vote
Important information for 8th Grade Parents/Students
FHS Residency Verification (8th grade only) – Jan. 26th, 8am to 2pm @ FHS Library (REQUIRED)
Mark your calendars for January 26th to complete the Fremont High School residency verification process. You complete an online registration form prior to attending the residency verification at FHS. Your official residency verification packet and detailed On-Line Registration instructions will be mailed directly to your residence by early January and will contain all of the forms and information needed to complete these important processes. Your student will also be receiving a letter in his/her social studies classes outlining what you need to do to prove residency. For more answers, please refer to this website: www.fuhsd.org/enrollment.
FHS Counseling Visits – February 7h (during Social Studies classes)
On Thursday, Feb. 7th, the FHS Guidance Counselors will be visiting your student’s social studies classes to explain the course selection process. Your student will bring home a draft of their course selections for you to review.
FHS Electives Night – February 26th @ FHS @ 6:30pm
Come to FHS for Electives Night on Tuesday, February 26th! You and your student can tour all of the elective programs, meet the teachers and visit classrooms!
FHS Course Selection Night – Wed/Thurs, Mar. 12th / 13th @ 7pm – @ FHS (REQUIRED)
Students/parents are required to come to Fremont High on March 12th or 13th to learn more about high school requirements and to submit Course Selection Forms.
- March 12 – Last Name (A-L)
- March 13 – Last Name (M-Z) and Spanish session
FHS Shadow Days!
If you want to know what a day in the life of a Fremont High student is like, sign up for Shadow Day! There is one last Shadow Day on:
* Monday, March 25, 2019
* Sign Ups available Feb. 1st – click here: FHS Shadow Days
Easy Fundraising Opportunities!
- Annual Box Tops Contest – Sept, 1, 2018 – Feb. 15, 2019
Want to help CMS earn money at no cost to you? Participate in our Box Tops Drive!
- Neatly cut and collect UNEXPIRED Box Tops and send them to school in a plastic bag or envelope.
- Write your student’s name, first period teacher, and number of box tops on the plastic bag or envelope.
- Send to the school OFFICE with your students anytime before the contest ends!
- The winning classroom will receive a popsicle party and CASH for the classroom!
- Amazon Smile: Do you purchase from Amazon.com? Use the link below, and Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase to CMS! http://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2906049
- eScrip: Register your VISA, or other cards with eScrip and up to 5% of the money you spend will go to CMS! Simply click on the link, register your cards, and choose Columbia Middle School PTSA as the group you are supporting. Save Mart, Lucky and Food Maxx are also participants!
- Matching Donations: Do you work for a company that offers matching donations? If so, be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to double your donations to CMS! If your company needs any documentation from CMS to verify school status, please contact me so I may provide whatever is needed.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!