CMS Weekly Update
Dates: June 3-7
From: Ms. Allmann
6th Tri 3 Awards @ 8:15am
7th to Great America @ 8:45am - 4:15pm
8th to Santa Cruz @ 8:30am - 5:15pm
7th / 8th Tri 3 Awards @ 8:15am / 8:51am
8th Promo Awards @ 9:20am
6th to Raging Waters @ 9:30am - 4:45pm
Promo Party 6pm-9pm
6th / 7th -- 8:05am – 11:20am
10:30 – 8th graders arrive
12:00 – 8th Lunch
1:00 -- Promotion
- 6th grade-- Tuesday, June 4th -- Raging Waters (Departs at 9:30am, Returns approx. 4:45pm)
- 7th grade-- Monday, June 3rd -- Great America (Departs at 8:45am, Returns approx. 4:15pm)
- 8th grade-- Monday, June 3rd -- Santa Cruz Boardwalk (Departs at 8:30am, Returns approx. 5:15pm)
Last Day of School Schedule – June 5th
The last day of school for all students is on June 5th. Although June 5th falls on a Wednesday, it is NOT a regular late start schedule. Sixth and seventh grade students begin at 8:05, and end at 11:20am. Eighth grade students begin at 10:30am with Promotion Dress Rehearsal, and Promotion begins at 1pm. Here is the schedule for June 5th:
Last Day 6th /7th (8:05a - 11:20a)
Last Day 8th (10:30a - 2:00p)
8:05 -- 8:35
10:30 - 12:00
8:39 -- 9:05
12:00 - 12:30
9:09 -- 9:35
12:30 - 1:00
9:39 -- 10:05
1:00 - 2:00
10:24 -- 10:50
10:54 -- 11:20
8th Grade Events:
June 3rd: Field Trip to Santa Cruz (8:45am to 5:15pm)
June 4th: Promotion Preparation
- 9:20am: 8th Promotion Awards
- 10:20am: Promotion Rehearsal
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm: Promotion Party
- 10:30am -- Promotion Dress Rehearsal and Photos
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 12:30pm -- Meet in Gym
- 1:00pm – Promotion Begins
Promotion Ceremony Notes -- The 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony is a special time, featuring student performances, speeches, and of course, the 8th grade class. In order to ensure a smooth ceremony, please adhere to the following rules:
- Dress Code -- Promotion participants may NOT carry flowers, or wear any regalia (leis, candy/money necklaces, etc.) other than the school robe, and school-awarded medals / cords / pins during the ceremony. Students may wear these after the ceremony.
- Parking – parking is limited, so please carpool or walk if possible.
- Balloons – No balloons will be allowed in the seating area so as not to obstruct anyone’s view of the stage.
- Please do not bring air horns or other noisemakers at they prevent other families from hearing their student’s name being read.
- Water and snacks will be sold by Music Boosters at the event.
We are looking forward to an amazing event!
Stanford Summer Explorations- (July 1 – July 26)
Stanford University is providing “Stanford Summer Explorations” in partnership with Sunnyvale School District! Prevent summer learning loss and provide your student with an enriching and engaging summer opportunity! Here are the details!
Stanford Summer Explorations:
- Who: All 6th/7th grade students eligible!
- Location: Sunnyvale Middle School (bus will be provided from CMS to SMS)
- Dates: July 1 – July 26
- Times: 8:15am to 12:30pm.
Easy Fundraising Opportunities!
- Annual Box Tops Contest
Want to help CMS earn money at no cost to you? Participate in our Box Tops Drive!
- Neatly cut and collect UNEXPIRED Box Tops and send them to school in a plastic bag or envelope.
- Write your student’s name, first period teacher, and number of box tops on the plastic bag or envelope.
- Send to the school OFFICE with your students anytime before the contest ends!
- The winning classroom will receive a popsicle party and CASH for the classroom!
- Amazon Smile: Do you purchase from Amazon.com? Use the link below, and Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase to CMS! http://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2906049
- eScrip: Register your VISA, or other cards with eScrip and up to 5% of the money you spend will go to CMS! Simply click on the link, register your cards, and choose Columbia Middle School PTSA as the group you are supporting. Save Mart, Lucky and Food Maxx are also participants!
- Matching Donations: Do you work for a company that offers matching donations? If so, be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to double your donations to CMS! If your company needs any documentation from CMS to verify school status, please contact me so I may provide whatever is needed.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!