CMS Weekly Update
Dates: Mar. 18-22
From: Ms. Allmann
ELPAC Testing Begins
Spring Pics / Buddy Pics
Promotion Party Mtg @ 6pm
FHS AVID Interviews
AVID Tri 2 Celebration
Adv. Art Field Trip
CMS Paint Night @ 6pm
- 25/26 – Scoliosis Screening in PE (7thgirls, 8thboys)
- 25 – Apr. 5 – Math Placement Testing Window
- 29 – FHS Spanish Testing @ CMS (8:30am to 11am)
- Book Fair Begins
- 2 – Open House @ 6pm
- 5-8 – Music Trip to Disneyland
- 10 – ELAC/PTSA @ 6pm/6:30pm
- 15-19 – NO SCHOOL (Spring Break)
- 23 – 8thgrade Panoramic Picture during Flex
- 2526 – CAST Testing (8th only)
- 27 – CMS Carnival / CNC Fit & Fun Fair 11am – 3pm
- 29– May 10 – CAASPP Testing (all grades)
Kudos to all of our students who performed in the Starting Arts production of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” last week! We are proud of all of the time and hard work these students invested to put on a wonderful show!
Sports Schedules: Want to know when/where this season’s games are? Click the links below!
- Girls Soccer: 6th/7th Girls Soccer, 7th/8th Girls Soccer
- Boys Volleyball: 6th Boys Volleyball, 7th Boys Volleyball, 8th Boys Volleyball
Spring Pics / Buddy Pics – Tuesday, March 19th
- Spring Pictures will be taken during PE classes (and PE/Electives for 6thgrade) on Tuesday. Students do not need to order or pay on Tuesday for Spring Pics. Their pictures will be sent home, and you only pay only if you decide to keep them.
- Buddy Pictures may also be taken on Tuesday during brunch and lunch! Groups as large as 7 may take a picture together. For Buddy Pics, payment must be made on Tuesday when pictures are taken. (Forms were sent home with students in their 1st period classes and will be available when they take their pictures..) Packages for Buddy Pics run from $15 to $25.
CMS Paint Night! (Friday, March 22nd @ 6pm)
Please join our Music Dept for a fun evening with Paint Night!
We are pleased to offer this fundraiser to our friends, families and community. Help support the music students to get numerous supplies needed, including saving up for choir risers and music shells, along with the other daily supplies required.
All materials will be included! Perfect event for the spring! Great as gifts! Spread the word to your family, friends, and co-workers! The first 24 people will receive a slice of pizza with their sign up!
Please click on the links below for the flyer and to sign up to the event. (Sign ups have been extended!).
- Click here for the flyer: Paint Night Flyer
- Click here to sign up online: https://www.paintnite.com/events/_10130332
If you have any questions, please email at email@example.com
Important information for 8th Grade Parents/Students
In order to assist with course placement for next year, we will be administering Fremont High Math, ELA, and Spanish placements tests to 8th graders on the following dates.
- March 7th -- Math Placement Test
- March 12th/13th -- ELA/Reading Placement Test
- March 29th -- Spanish Placement Test (only for those who signed up for Spanish 2 or higher)
Easy Fundraising Opportunities!
- Annual Box Tops Contest
Want to help CMS earn money at no cost to you? Participate in our Box Tops Drive!
- Neatly cut and collect UNEXPIRED Box Tops and send them to school in a plastic bag or envelope.
- Write your student’s name, first period teacher, and number of box tops on the plastic bag or envelope.
- Send to the school OFFICE with your students anytime before the contest ends!
- The winning classroom will receive a popsicle party and CASH for the classroom!
- Amazon Smile: Do you purchase from Amazon.com? Use the link below, and Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase to CMS! http://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2906049
- eScrip: Register your VISA, or other cards with eScrip and up to 5% of the money you spend will go to CMS! Simply click on the link, register your cards, and choose Columbia Middle School PTSA as the group you are supporting. Save Mart, Lucky and Food Maxx are also participants!
- Matching Donations: Do you work for a company that offers matching donations? If so, be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to double your donations to CMS! If your company needs any documentation from CMS to verify school status, please contact me so I may provide whatever is needed.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!