New Student Registration
Thank you for choosing Sunnyvale School District for your child! We are delighted to serve your family.
With the closure of our schools, we will continue to register New Students; however, we will be conducting all registration digitally.
New Student Registration Process
There are 3 steps that need to be followed to register a new student:
- Identify your neighborhood school.
- Use the School Locator to find your school of residence.
- If you are interested in enrolling your student for PreSchool (Pre-K), please Click Here
- Prepare your documentation. Below is the list of documents needed to register your student.
- New Student Registration 2021-2022
- Health Exam Form (CHDP) and Oral Health Exam Form - Only for TK, K, or 1st Grade students who have not attended TK or K (Note: Not required at the time of registartion)
- If the parent(s)/Guardian(s) DO NOT have both the mortgage/Rental Agreement and Utility Bill under their name, they must complete an Affidavit of Residency: Affidavit of Residency Information
- Complete the registration process online through our Registration Portal (See Below). The Sunnyvale School district utilizes this service to host an online method of collecting registration information conveniently and securely. Once the initial information has been collected, your neighborhood school will contact you for confirmation or follow-up regarding missing documents.
- If you have further questions about your student's submitted enrollment application please call your neighborhood school.
2021-2022 New Student Registration
- Please read the New Student Registration Process before beginning the registration application, to ensure you have all documents required.
- Please note, your child IS NOT registered until ALL documents are submitted.
- Open Enrollment takes place the first 10 days of February.
- For more information on Open Enrollment please Click here
- For informational videos about the registration process please go to:
To register your students for the 2021-2022 School Year, click on one of the Registration links below:
Did you know that we have six Programs of Choice schools that provide specialized learning opportunities?
Our programs include:
- Juntos, our Spanish-English Dual-Language Immersion Program located at San Miguel Elementary
- Student Success through Science, located at Vargas Elementary
- Lakewood TechEQ, which focuses on building both technology and social-emotional skills
- The Leader in Me, located at Bishop Elementary where students master Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Fairwood Explorer's Parent Participation Program
- Columbia Middle School's partnership with Stanford University
Find out more information by going to sesd.org/Page/242.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 522-8200 ext.1016