Welcome to Room 2 at Fairwood Explorer!!!
My prorities are to give each child a solid foundation and help them develop socially and academically, provide a safe, supportive, and fun classroom environment for both students and parents, and develop a partnership with parents to provide the best educational experience for students.
There are many ways to contact me. Please feel free to email me anytime.
- Email – email@example.com
- After dismissal – 2:15pm
- Note in your student's Daily Folder
- Reminder – all responses will be made after the school day and responses may take approximately 72 hours
Curriculum & Standards
- All instruction is based on the Common Core Standards.
- We use the curriculum adopted by the state and selected by our district.
- We use the Reader’s and Writer’s Workshop methods to build lifelong literacy habits.
- We are committed to differentiated, small group instruction and hands-on learning.
Project Based Learning (Inquiry Based Learning):
- What is a Neighborhood?
- Understanding our neighborhood
- Community helpers
- Build our own Neighborhood
- Non-Fiction Books – Experts (animals)
- What is an expert?
- How can I become an expert?
- What are the features of a non-fiction book?
- What do I need to know to be an expert?
- What do animals need to live?
- Types of animals?
- Animal adaptations?
Read 20 minutes nightly. I send home book bags for students to support nightly reading.