CURRENT YEAR: REGISTRATION FOR NEW STUDENTS IS ONGOING
To Enroll Digitally: Please visit: https://www.sesd.org/Page/4932
For information on our Programs of Choice specialized learning opportunities please visit https://www.sesd.org/Page/242.If you have any questions or concerns, please email or phone email@example.com or (408) 522-8200 ext.1016
There are four steps that need to be completed to register a new student:# 1- Identify Your Local School
- You must currently be living in the Cumberland attendance area to attend Cumberland.
- Please verify your address by using the School Finder link.
#2- Prepare Your Documents
- Please read the registration requirements page carefully. (see below)
- ALL elements must be complete and present at the time of registration.
- Proof of Residency: Please bring originals. These will only be viewed, no copies necessary.
- Proof of age, TB test and immunizations: bring orignials and a copy of all.
- fill out and print the new student information form
#3- Complete Registration Online
- Once steps one and two are complete, you are ready to start your online form
- Complete registration process online through our PowerSchool Registration Portal.
- *** Please note that your child is not registered until all documents are submitted ***
#4- School Staff Contact
- Once the initial information has been collected, the school site will contact families for confirmation or follow-up regarding missing documents.
Please read the registration requirements sheet below. ALL elements must be complete before registration can begin. Please bring originals and a photocopy of each document.
What is Transitional Kindergarten?
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is the first of a two-year kindergarten program. A child is eligible for TK if they have their fifth birthday between September 2 and December 2.
Sunnyvale School District Program Design:
- TK will be offered to all eligible students in the district.
- Full day program
- TK children will have meals, recess and all activities with their kindergarten peers
- Located at five elementary school sites to service north and south side families. Parents provide their own transportation. (Bishop, Ellis, Lakewood, San Miguel, Vargas)
- Fully credentialed, experienced teachers
How can I learn more?
To learn more about transitional kindergarten, visit the Sunnyvale School District website at:
For answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the California Department of Education website at: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/gs/em/kinderfaq.asp
- Open Enrollment is a request to transfer from your school of residence (a.k.a. your “neighborhood school” or your “home school”) to a Program of Choice or another school within the Sunnyvale School District.
- Open Enrollment is one of the ways the Sunnyvale School District aims to meet the diverse needs and interests of its students.
- Please note that you must complete Sunnyvale School District's registration process in order to be eligible for the Open Enrollment process.
- Open Enrollment is not necessary for students who are registered for and wish to attend their home school.
- The exception is that ALL students who wish to participate in Columbia Middle School’s University Partnership Program must go through open enrollment, even if Columbia is your neighborhood school.
Cumberland and Cherry Chase are NOT available for open enrollment
For more information, please visit https://www.sesd.org/Page/241
PROGRAMS OF CHOICE
- In addition to our excellent, well-rounded neighborhood schools, Sunnyvale School District offers several Programs of Choice: a science-focused school (Vargas) , a Spanish dual immersion program (San Miguel), a leadership program (Bishop), a technology with emotional intelligence (Lakewood) and a parent-participation school (Fairwood Explorer) at the elementary level.
- In middle school, we offer a university partnership program (Columbia) that brings cutting-edge curriculum and best practices gleaned through Stanford University research to our students.
- Visit the district website at https://www.sesd.org/Page/242