CURRENT YEAR: REGISTRATION FOR NEW STUDENTS IS ONGOING
Monday - Thursday at Cumberland between 10am - 1:30pm.
To find the school your address is assigned to visit http://www.schfinder.com/sunnyvalesd/
2019-2020: REGISTRATION FOR NEW STUDENTS
2019-2020 registration will start Monday, February 4th from 10am - 2pm.
On Monday, February 4th, starting at 9am, 80 number cards will be passed out to the first 80 families in line. Due to the time it takes to process each registration, we can only accomdate 80 familes in the timeframe given.
*All documents must be present to complete your registration.
There are four steps that need to be completed to register a new student:
Identify your local school
Prepare your documentation
verify documentation at your school
complete registration online
Please read the registration requirements sheet below. ALL elements must be complete before registration can begin. Please bring originals and a photocopy of each document.
# 1- Identify Your Local School
Sunnyvale School District is home to eight exceptional elementary schools in Sunnyvale, CA. Cumberland serves a small community in West Sunnyvale.
You must currently be living in our attendance area to attend Cumberland.
Please verify your address by using the School Finder link.
#2- Prepare Your Documents
- Please read the registration requirements page carefully. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- ALL elements must be complete and present at the time of registration.
- Please bring originals and copies of proof of age, TB test/TB RISK ASSESSMENT and immunizations (New 2019 immunization guidelines).
- Proof of residency will only be viewed, no copies necessary.
- KINDERS ONLY (due at the end of the Kinder year): ORAL HEALTH FORM, CHDP FORM
# 3- Verify Documentation at Cumberland
Once steps one and two are complete, you are ready to verify your documents at Cumberland!
Registration hours: Mon. - Thurs. 10am- 2pm
Current school year: registration is ongoing
Next School year: starts Monday, February 4th, 2019
- Please be sure to bring all originals. If you pay your bills online, please bring in a printed copy. Once all your documents are verified and copied you will receive an infosnap code.
- Bring a copy in addition to your originals (proof of age, TB and immunizations - New 2019 immunization guidelines)
- Then you are ready for step four... online registration.
*You cannot receive an infosnap code without completing steps one through three first.
# 4- Complete Registration Online
- The final step is completing your "infosnap homework".
- Your infosnap code will be sent to your preferred e-mail within 48 hours of submitting your documents.
- Your infosnap profile will be used every school year to update emergency information, so please keep your user name and password in a safe place.
- Online registration takes about 40 minutes to an hour to complete. Please note that your child is not registered until all the pages of the online registration are complete. You will receive an e-mail from Sunnyvale School District stating that your registration has been submitted.
IMPORTANT DATES2018-2019 registration is ongoing - Monday - Thursday, 10am-1:30pm2019-2020 school year registration - Date: Monday, February 4th Location: at your home school. Days and times: Monday-Thursday: 10am-1:30pmFirst Day of School for the 2019-2020 - Wednesday, August 21st, 2019
Questions?If you have any registration questions, please contact our District Office at (408) 522-8200
What is Transitional Kindergarten?
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is the first of a two-year kindergarten program. A child is eligible for TK if they have their fifth birthday between September 2 and December 2.
Sunnyvale School District Program Design
- TK will be offered to all eligible students in the district.
- Full day program
- TK children will have meals, recess and all activities with their kindergarten peers
- Located at five elementary school sites to service north and south side families. Parents provide their own transportation. (Bishop, Ellis, Lakewood, San Miguel, Vargas)
- Fully credentialed, experienced teachers
- Based on California Preschool Learning Foundation and California Common Core Kindergarten Standards
- Developmental approach focused on the skills needed to be successful in kindergarten
- Literacy- pre-reading and writing skills
- Math- number sense and problem solving
- Physical development- large and fine motor skills
- Social/Emotional development in a supportive environment
- Oral language development
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) in Sunnyvale
- TK is part of the public school system and is free to all eligible children.
- TK gives young five year olds the opportunity to start their kindergarten experience with children their own age.
- Students will be assessed regularly, to monitor their academic, social emotional and oral language growth.
- After Transitional Kindergarten, students will be promoted to Kindergarten.
Must children attend Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten? School is mandatory once a child is six years old. Therefore, parents and guardians are currently not required to enroll children in either Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten.
Will Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten students be enrolled in the same classroom? TK students will be in a self-contained class to the extent possible.
Are Transitional Kindergarten students required to complete the entire two year program? TK students are provided the opportunity to receive a two-year kindergarten program.
Building Parent Partnerships
Communication between home and school is essential in helping students succeed. Parents are encouraged to actively participate in their child's learning journey at home and at school, volunteering in class.
Teachers are available to meet with parents on a regular basis to discuss their child's progress and how parents can help support students at home.
How can I learn more?
To learn more about transitional kindergarten, visit the Sunnyvale School District website at:
For answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the California Department of Education website at: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/gs/em/kinderfaq.asp
Programs of ChoiceIn addition to our excellent, well-rounded neighborhood schools, Sunnyvale School District offers several Programs of Choice: a science-focused school (Vargas) , a Spanish dual immersion program (San Miguel), a leadership program (Bishop), a technology with emotional intelligence (Lakewood) and a parent-participation school (Fairwood Explorer) at the elementary level.
In middle school, we offer a university partnership program (Columbia) that brings cutting-edge curriculum and best practices gleaned through Stanford University research to our students.