Interdistrict Attendance Permits
Interdistrict Requests to Attend Sunnyvale School District (SSD) Schools
2019-2020 Interdistrict Applications are now being Accepted!
The Interdistrict Transfer process applies to those parents who woud like their children to attend a school in a district other than their residential district. All Interdistrict requests initiate at the district of residence and must be renewed annually since Interdistrict transfers are valid for one (1) school year. An approved Interdistrict Transfer agreement must be in effect between the district of residence and the school district of desired attendance before a student can attend the desired school.
***We are not able to provide status of a pending application.
Notifications will be sent in writing once a decision has been made.***
The following conditions apply:
- Students admitted to Sunnyvale School District under the Interdistrict Transfer agreement shall be assigned to schools where space is available at the discretion and determination of SSD.
- The Sunnyvale School District does not participate in the Allen Bill.
- If an Indersitrict Transfer agreement request is denied, the parent/guardian may appeal in writing and submit the letter at the district office within 10 calendar days of receiving notice of a denied transfer.
- The first appeal should be addressed to the Deputy Superintendent and if necessary, the second appeal should be addressed to the Superintendent.
- Each appeal letter must include your home address and the parent's original signature.
- The letter should expand your reasons not included in the original Interdistrict application.
- If the appeal is still denied by the Sunnyvale School District, the parent/guardian has the opportunity to appeal the decision to Santa Clara County Board of Education within 30 calendar days.
- A student, parent, or guardian who provides a false address and/or other pertinent data as a basis for enrollment in a school in the District may have the transfer revoked. The revocation may be immediate and notice promptly given to the student and parent/guardian.
- The Sunnyvale School District reserves the right to deny transfer requests or release students for the following reasons: lack of facilities either district wide or in a specific attendance/school; lack of suitable or impacted special education programs; student history of unsatisfactory attendance or behavior.
- Timeline for processing requests:
- Current school year- Parent/guardian will get a notification of the final decision within 30 calendar days from the date the request was received.
- Next school year- Parent/guardian will get a notification of the final decision as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the beginning of instruction in the school year for which interdistrict transfer is sought.
Students Residing in the Sunnyvale School District Requesting to Attend Schools in Other Districts:
For current Sunnyvale School District students who are requesting to attend schools in another district, must obtain an Interdistrict transfer Agreement form from the Sunnnyvale School Disrtict Office.
- Supporting documentation must be submitted with your application
- 2 proofs of Sunnyvale Residency are to be provided when form is submitted.
- Applications must be submitted in person at the District Office.
- The district office is located at 819 W. Iowa Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086 from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Interdistrict Transfer Policies