Affidavit of Parent Residency
What is shared housing?
When two or more families living at one address; a parent (student’s family) and a primary resident. If the parent(s)/Guardian(s) DO NOT have both the mortgage/Rental Agreement and Utility Bill under their name, they must complete an Affidavit of Residency.
Where are the affidavit of Residency completed?
Affidavit of Residency are completed at the District Office.
How many proofs of residency does the Primary and Parent/Guardian have to provide?
Both the Primary Resident and Parent/Guardian need to present 4 proofs of residency.
What if I am new to the area and don't have enough proofs of residency to Register?
Before school starts on August 18th, affidavits must be completed prior to beginning your students registration. If school has started, you may request a short time extension after a minimum of one parent proof has been accepted; time extensions may or may not be granted. Additionally, the Primary resident’s must also have all 4 proofs and their affidavit form notarized before a child may start school.
Does my student need to reside in the address given?
A residence is defined by where a student lives 7 days a week; or over 50% of the time if sharing split custody. Only one address may be used.
- Addresses not accepted:
- Business address
- Childcare address (relative/private provider)
- P.O Box
If at any time a student’s residence is in question, the district will investigate. This includes home visits. If it is determined that false information was given to prove residency, the student will be disenrolled within five days of notification unless a transfer to remain has been approved. Processing a transfer will not delay disenrollment.
Once completed do I need to provide all of my proofs at my students' Residency school again?
No, a copy will be given for you to show at your students' residency school. The school will also receive their own copy.
Affidavit of Residency Forms
***Affidavit of Residency must be completed before starting your students' registration and renewed yearly.***
- Download or stop by the district office to pick up the form
- The Affidavit of Residency needs to be completed at the Distrist Office in person.
- email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- If the form is not being notarized BOTH the primary and the parent need to come in with their proof of residency.
- If the form is being notarized, then the primary person does NOT need to be present at the district office. (It is the parent's responsibility to bring in the paper work for the primary person)
- Affidavit of Residency PDF Form
- Pick up at the District Office
- 819 W. Iowa Ave Sunnyvale, Ca 94086
- Addresses not accepted: