Substitute Employment Opportunities
Please visit www.edjoin.org for a list of all current substitute employment opportunities, and/or to apply to be an on-call substitute teacher within the Sunnyvale School District.
Substitute Teacher Applicants
All on-call substitutes teaching in the classroom must either possess a Calfornia Teaching Credential (any subject area) or a 30-day Substitute Permit. For any long-term substitute teaching assignment, the District requires that applicants are fully credentialed including an EL authorization.
For more information regarding credentials or permits please visit the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing website at: www.ctc.ca.gov
The job description can be found by clicking on the following link: Substitute Job Description
- $170 for a full day (more than four hours)*
- $85 for a half day (four hours or less)**
- $180 for retriees ($80 for half day)**
- $200 for "long term assignements" that are 16 consecutive days or longer. The rate is retroactive to the first day of service.
- Extended Long Term Rate - Contact Human Resources
* Full day compensation is considered when the assignment is more than four (4) hours (ex. 7:30 a.m. to 11:31 a.m. or 11:35 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
** Half day compensation is considred when the assignment is four (4) hours or less (ex. 7:30 a.m. to 11:25 a.m. or 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Questions or Additional Information
Current Sunnyvale School District Substitute Teachers
The Sunnyvale School District uses an automated substitute calling system called SmartFind Express. The system may be accessed by calling (408) 215-1925 or online at sunnyvale.eschoolsolutions.com. For call out times, please refer to the Substitute Teacher Quick Reference Card that was given out during the payroll process.